Our Mission is to bring the market the best in Specialty Foods, Natural Foods, Perishable Foods and Confections. In doing so we hope to improve the quality of life and help shape the culture of America.
- We develop, train and maintain a staff committed to excellence in our field.
- We value innovation, grit, service and precision.
- We have a centralized administrative team increasing efficiency and allowing for effective sales management.
- We identify and approach appropriate retail and wholesale customers for our brands.
- We generate program ideas designed to maximize the visibility and sales potential of brands.
- We maintain persistent and aggressive efforts in developing sales.
- We communicate regularly and effectively with clients and customers
- We provide data analytics necessary to support sales through our proprietary analytics and sales tracking tools.
- We participate in efforts to maximize retailer, distributor and client asset management.
- We partner with our clients in all areas of budgeting and planning to provide meaningful data to develop and grow their business.
Our headquarters office is located in Lombard, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago.
Administration, Central Order Processing, Data Analytics, Deductions, Finance, General Management, and Marketing
Satellite Office Functions
We have sales and merchandising experts stationed throughout the Central US. Their functions include execution and development of sales programs in their areas. All clients are encouraged to build and maintain relationships with corporate and satellite locations with respect to the development and execution of sales plans.
Our concept recognizes two important points in the building of our brands in today's market:
- The requirement that programs be designed and offered to multiple trade classes in order to maximize brand penetration in a given market and that many brands have items that are developed for specific trade classes.
- That marketing programs should be customized to meet the needs of the particular customer and market in concert with the needs of the brand.
Stewart Reich, President
Has over forty years of experience in the food manufacturing, importing, distributing, gift packing and brand management business. Served as Executive Vice President of Charlotte Charles, Inc., a leading manufacturer, distributor, importer and gift packer of specialty foods and confections. Also served as Vice President and General Manager of two divisions of Portland Food Products.
Mike Petermann, President of Perishable Sales and Food Service Sales
Mike is a founding member of CDS with 35 years of industry experience and has an unequaled passion for the food business. His knowledge, work ethic, and long lasting and far reaching relationships throughout the country have earned him a great and well deserved reputation and respect in the Perishable Food business. In 2016 Mike was inducted into the prestigious Guilde Internationale De Fromagers.
Stephanie Seper, Senior Vice President of Brand Development and Social Responsibility
Stephanie has over twenty five years of sales management and broker experience. Immediately before joining Hanson Faso she was a regional sales manager for World Finer Foods. Prior to that, Stephanie was a senior executive with Midwest Marketing, Inc. and Co-Owner of ROI, Inc., both food brokerages.
Kent Walker, Senior Vice President of Perishable Marketing and Business Development
Kent has a rich experience working in the food industry. Kent has owned his own restaurant, was a Program Account Manager at Sysco, a Regional Sales Manager for both Shady Brook Farms and Willow Foods, a Key Account Manager for PMI and then a minority owner and VP of Sales for CDS.
Michael Reich, Senior Vice President of Center Store Marketing and Business Development
In 12 years at Hanson Faso Mike has worked in almost every department. He began his career as a merchandiser, then moved onto food service sales, built out and managed the Retail Services Division, developed some of the key analytics systems and programs which set Hanson Faso apart from it's competition, and then served as the Senior Director of Business Development where he managed the Chicagoland Sales Team.
Dawn Emery-Janzen, Vice President of Sales
Dawn began as an Account Manager with Hanson Faso 11 years ago. As a top sales performer she was promoted to Senior Director and then Vice President. Dawn uses her knowledge and expertise in sales and merchandising, in addition to input from our leadership team, to develop best practices for our organization. With her guidance and coaching our sales and merchandise professionals are able to achieve uniformity and excellence across all markets.
Karen McPherson, Vice President of Operations and Administration
Karen has over 20 years of experience working for both public and private corporations. She is a proven professional with progressive accounting, management and leadership skills within the client service industry. By engaging all staff in the development of new processes and procedures, she is guiding our innovative team to serve the needs of our clients and customers.